Home

Blog

LET GO !!!

bcdad3e0cad0ac339fc72806b83f1096

Have you ever tried setting a bird in captivity free? Or seen the joy on the face of a person doing so? I identify so much with that picture, and almost feel like it is liberating oneself in the process…. Especially watching the bird fly away when the cage is opened.

I really believe in my heart that it is time for us to set ourselves free!

MEMORIES:

We are a bunch of people strong on emotions, ties and relationships, which is great…..
However, sometimes we have to let go because it is such an essential part of life. Whether it is people we have been holding on to, a painful memory, an emotion like unforgiveness, an unsuccessful job stint or a failed business, harbouring bitterness, discouragement, or nurturing the pain of having lost someone, may even be the death of a close family member …. it is time to LET GO!

WHY?

To liberate yourself, to start afresh, to soar higher and to achieve the impossible.

Remember, a gardener “Prunes’’ (trims/cuts off)  parts of his plants periodically and this is considered an “essential skill”. It  is done to encourage healthy growth and flowering.  This process in fact “alters” the very form and growth of the plant. And, what is crucial is that it needs to be done at the “right time and season”.

It is “time” friends to “prune or cut off” or LET GO!  of some things in our life, essential for our healthy growth and to alter our form and state for the better!

Sometimes, it could be an unfulfilled dream or ambition. The lack of it coming to pass that could make us feel like a failure, making us depressed and negative. It could even hold us back from venturing out and trying again…. LET GO! ..and look to a new day and a new way…. surely God rewards perseverance and sincerity and it will come to pass.

At times, we hold on so tight to our children even after they get married or even as they are growing up and refuse to let go… It is almost like we lose our own identity in the process of our marriage and bringing up children.
LET GO!, because we are only stewards of our children and need to give our best and trust God to let them live their lives and make the right choices basis all we have taught them.

Our FEARS for instance are so dominant in holding us captive. Can I do this? Will I be able to make it? “What if” I fail, falter, and make a fool of myself …. Go right ahead… LET GO! of the fear and at least give it a try…. When you do it once you will have the courage to try again.

The OPINIONS of people matter so much to us that we base our beliefs and value system of self on those opinions which in most cases are negative. LET GO!

TIME TO TAKE ACTION:

So dear friend, even as you read this little message, write down what is the one main thing or maybe two to start with, that you need to LET GO of. Something that grips you and  holds you in bondage. What is it that clips your wings, not allowing you to take proper flight or any flight at all.
It is personal to you and to me but we need to identify it. Recognise what is it that you need to be set free from…  Painful memories, a futile relationship, fear, unfulfilled dreams and aspirations, peoples’ opinions, past failures and experiences, negative words over your life …Make a resolve to set yourself free from it and do this every once in a while you are feeling stuck.
I sure know it is time for me to do the same!

Believe in yourself, believe in new opportunities and believe in a God of second and third and fourth chances. LET GO today, of whatever has held you captive because you were born to fly, to be a winner, to be a shining star, and to be victorious…… Don’t let anything pin you down and hold you back! It may be tough and even painful, but is it essential? YES, because freedom is our birthright…

IN CONCLUSION:

“To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
A time to get and a time to lose, A time to keep and a time to cast away:”
-Ecclesaistes 3:1,6   (The Bible)

There is a time to hold on and a time to release…Now is that time my friend, to LET GO!….

And right now, I pray that you would make that conscious effort to go by yourself to a quiet place, open up the bird cage (the thing/person/emotion/failure or whatever it is that has held you captive) and LET GO!

In order that you can be ready to start afresh, to soar high, to dream again and achieve the impossible. More so, for you and me to live a life of confidence, peace, joy, and freedom…..

Be blessed & be a blessing,

Salma Bernard

Scripture quotations marked are taken from the NKJV ®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

60 Responses

• Meharika chabria

Very encouraging Salma and introspective

Meharika chabria Jun 3, 2016
  • Juliyana
    Jun 3, 2016

Message *Thank you Salma!!
    Continue to hear God and write…it sure is encouraging!
    God bless you!

Juliyana Jun 3, 2016
  • Esmie jacobs
    Jun 3, 2016

I want to live a life full of confidence. .peace n joy..so much to let go…help me Lord n thanks Salma

Esmie jacobs Jun 3, 2016
  • Alisha Fernandes
    Jun 3, 2016

This is really good, very encouraged. Thank you.

Alisha Fernandes Jun 3, 2016
  • Bonnie
    Jun 3, 2016

God bless you dear. Keep up your heavenly connection. I’m blessed by the fruits of it. Much love.

Bonnie Jun 3, 2016
  • Manzoor Chougule
    Jun 3, 2016

Very inspiring and humbling at the same time !!!
    We are the architect of our life !! No one else is !
    Thanks & keep it up..
    Manzoor Chougule

Manzoor Chougule Jun 3, 2016
  • Pastor Sharon Gamit
    Jun 3, 2016

Important truth of life is revealed…
    As Jesus said… Every branch that gives fruit, he prunes it that it may bring forth more fruit… I just can say… Let go ! You will be more fruitful… Amen
    Good job … Salma Bernard…

Pastor Sharon Gamit Jun 3, 2016
  • Sujit

It’s really blessed me God Bless You

Sujit Jun 3, 2016
  • Sandra
    Jun 3, 2016

Amazing, my friend!! You live by what you share, which is why this message becomes even more powerful.

It is so important to get rid of garbage that we tend to store up which slowly becomes toxin and staggers our growth. But nothing is difficult. With Jesus by our side, and with His strength we CAN and are able.

I did just as you said – shared and as well commented😃

Am glad you are the same – focussed, determined and strong. I miss the lovely times we shared and hope we meet someday soon. Stay blessed and look forward to many such wonderful insights. God bless! Much love.

Sandra Jun 3, 2016
  • Frank Raj

Nice work Salma!

Lord help me let go of anything you want me to let go!

Frank

Frank Raj Jun 3, 2016
  • Ruby dsouza
    Jun 3, 2016

Encouraging …keep it concised short yet power packed God bless you dear Salma with more anointing to do what you are called for.

Ruby dsouza Jun 3, 2016
  • Sarita Sarma

Hey dear
    Seen all the wonderful comments that have been posted re your blog as also what a wonderful person you are and how you try to live by all that you say.
    You are an inspiration for many and I need not tell you how proud I am of all that you are and do.
    Lv always. ..God Bless.

Sarita Sarma Jun 3, 2016
  • Kim
    Jun 3, 2016

An excellent reminder! Thank you for being a good steward of your calling and writing the heart of God. Keep doing so 🙂

Kim Jun 3, 2016
  • Aneesh Daniel
    Jun 3, 2016

Great Topic…. Right time… When needed the most.

Aneesh Daniel Jun 3, 2016
  • datsme
    Jun 3, 2016

Let go of the feeling….or the person who brought it….is the question.

datsme Jun 3, 2016
  • Salma Bernard
    Jun 3, 2016

Am truly overwhelmed wanted to say Thank You to each one for your generous words.
    I am so encouraged to keep writing as lead . We really need each other in this journey I life so lets travel together with love and I’m victory.

Will write back individually too . Love and prayers
    Salma

Salma Bernard Jun 3, 2016
  • Salma Bernard
    Jun 3, 2016

@datsme let go of whatever is it that causes the bondage. Am sure if we sit by ourselves and with God we will be able to forgive and release the person and get healing from.the feeling of pain and forgive the person who has caused it. Next steps we need to be wise to take.
    My heart is not getting captured but setting ourselves free. It will be a process needed time and again as long as we are alive right !!!

Salma Bernard Jun 3, 2016
  • Khushroo

Nice reading, Salma.

I am encouraged and challenged. Thanks for taking the effort to put this up.

Khushroo Jun 3, 2016
  • Vivek Patil
    Jun 3, 2016

Paul says in phillippians 3, forgetting what is behind I press on to take hold of that for which Christ took hold of me. Letting something go is a difficult and challenging thing. It requires courage to abstain from reacting to a situation. Something that you did 40 years. It’s difficult. But as Paul says, I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. Dear sister Salma, thank you for this beautiful blog. I believe its God’s word for this time. I was talking to my brother Pastor Virendra Patil about the sense amongst churches in india. He said, they are in sad state as everyone thinking money or plans to make money through church. Sister we grew in God seeing the spiritual aspect and nature of God living within and around us. The new start I believe would be to. Call on to God to build his Church rather than we build churches with human hands and fight and crib and live and die for the walls and alter and decoration and sound system in the church. I hope and pray that you are not having same agenda on your mind. When you created blog of making money. I see this is indeed a plan To bring people to the feet of Jesus, to hear from Him. To become like Jesus our Lord. Calling people to let of their fear of sharing Gospel of Jesus amongst family and friends.

Vivek Patil Jun 3, 2016
  • Aarti

Reflective!!

Aarti Jun 3, 2016
  • Salma Bernard
    Jun 3, 2016

@vivek patil . Thank you Sit for your message and taking the time to read the blog. My heart is to encourage people and myself to realise our worth and value and live victoriously because God loves us and meant it to be this way.
    About making me again God knows and in my over two decades of knowing Him and friends knowing me the day I do that I will only be writing messages not words of Hope and love and God’s power.. Love God too much to trade Him for anything the world can offer. Thanks for your concern and burden for His agendas

You could read my book which has testimonies of the same from my life.
    Be blessed Sir you and your family and the ministry .
    God bless
    Salma Bernard

Salma Bernard Jun 3, 2016
  • Roy Poulose

Excellent Salma its timely for me. Encouraged

Roy Poulose Jun 3, 2016
  • Minoo

Well written Salma. God bless u 🙂

Minoo Jun 3, 2016
  • Nisha Munim
    Jun 3, 2016

Thanks Salma! Very thought provoking and apt!
    God bless you!

Nisha Munim Jun 3, 2016
  • Hazel Kingham
    Jun 3, 2016

Thanks Salma for those encouraging words. I needed it. GOD BLESS YOU.

Hazel Kingham Jun 3, 2016
  • Emmanuel
    Jun 3, 2016

Thank you Salma for sharing this life changing word.
    I like what you said to LET GO is to liberate yourself, to start afresh, to soar higher and to achieve the impossible.
    Keep writing and keep sharing what God is saying.

Emmanuel Jun 3, 2016
  • Priti Raghavan
    Jun 3, 2016

Amazing Salma. Thanks for making me realise that thinking or talking about it won’t help, let go is a serious choice/decision one needs to make to experience real peace and joy

Priti Raghavan Jun 3, 2016
  • shalini serpes
    Jun 3, 2016

I feel I am in a cage for sometime now
    reading ur msg made feel that I am holding on too loads of pain and unworthy and shellfish humans
    I am praying for loads of strength to jesus and the holyspirit
    my life has changed after meeting beautiful people like u Salma and pastor wille aunty bev loads more

shalini serpes Jun 3, 2016
  • Anita Braganza

Thanks salma,

Many time we hold on to thing that’s not from God our Lord but we need to just let go… Thanks you for your encouragement n effort….GB

Anita Braganza Jun 3, 2016
  • Burly Tellis
    Jun 3, 2016

Encouraging Salma and continue to be a Blessing as The Holy Spirit leads. God Bless

Burly Tellis Jun 3, 2016
  • Salma
    Jun 3, 2016

Thank You lovely people . Am really so encouraged to write on. And I do believe it will be a fresh start for many of us who respond to the call to LET GO! let’s do it for our sakes!

Salma Jun 3, 2016
  • Manish Harishankar
    Jun 3, 2016

Very very inspiring… I also think the day you discover yourself you are free!!! Keep writing… Thanks!!!

Manish Harishankar Jun 3, 2016
  • Sapphire
    Jun 3, 2016

I was so Blessed reading it encouraged me God is faithful and to let go of someone people can who hurt thanks

Sapphire Jun 3, 2016
  • Archana
    Jun 3, 2016

Super message … It’s so imp to Let go and so difficult too … A good reminder message ….

Archana Jun 3, 2016
  • Neezel Dsouza
    Jun 3, 2016

Salma as usual you’ve shared your heart. So much inline with what I shared with my office colleagues today at lunch. A confirmation to just Let go of all the unwanted stuff. You are indeed a blessing to us all. God bless always.

Neezel Dsouza Jun 3, 2016
  • Kirk
    Jun 4, 2016

Great post! Much needed reminder..thanks!

Kirk Jun 4, 2016
  • Susy
    Jun 4, 2016

Wonderful write up … great topic .. many of us live in cages ..an yes it really feels fantastic to free yourself .. its very difficult an a heart breaking job but if we want to move on we have to let go of whtevr is keepin us caged. Its a personal experience n one really feelz as if a big burden is off your heart. If one can pray fr a person thn that meanz u have set oneself free. I could go on n on writing cause iv actually gone through it. God bless u dear an keep up th good work. Someone somewhere is to b touched by your words tht is why uv beeen chosen by our father up above. Amen take care ..

Susy Jun 4, 2016
  • Sapphire
    Jun 4, 2016

I was so Blessed reading this it encouraged me. God is faithful and taught me to let go of someone people who hurt me thanks

Sapphire Jun 4, 2016
  • Andrew
    Jun 4, 2016

Confirmation that I let go of last week was a wise decision. Thank you.

Andrew Jun 4, 2016
  • Eurika

Thank you for this encouraging message !! God bless you

Eurika Jun 4, 2016
  • Tessy
    Jun 4, 2016

Amen to all you have shared ! In fact I got an answer to a question I was asking . Thank you for the words of Godly wisdom .. True letting go sets you free to walk the fullness of your destiny ! Beautifully written . I pray God downloads everyday fresh manna from heaven Amen !! God bless .
    Love and blessings . Tessy .

Tessy Jun 4, 2016
  • Jennifer D'souza
    Jun 4, 2016

Very encouraging!! I needed it ..
    Thankyou Salma.

Jennifer D'souza Jun 4, 2016
  • Caroline Pearson
    Jun 4, 2016

Salma, thank you for this message. As usual, it hits straight home and is very encouraging. We constantly clean out our cupboards of all the unwanted and unnecessary stuff but forget about getting rid of all the emotional baggage we continue to carry. So, yes, thank you for this reminder. God bless you!

Caroline Pearson Jun 4, 2016
  • Thomas P Thomas
    Jun 4, 2016

Hi Salma that’s just wonderful stuff the Lord inspired you to script. Thanks indeed. Very encouraged to see you as an author bring this up. We see so many lovely people who love God and even serve Him go through unnecesaary opression in life, simply because someone wounded them seriously and they have not given up that pain to God and forgiveness to the offender. The cage you talked about is one which a wounded person handcrafts by his or her response to the offender. Its so important to break that cage and free onself up. God in His loving kindness and covenant commitment has provided for ‘fulness in every life’. However, “We never arrive at ‘fulness’ when we linger at hurts, wounds, resentments and conflicts…”.
    Thank you for inspiring to let go and get on with life toward fulness. You are blessed and favoured of the Lord. Also your book was just awesome. Need to read it a second time… Regards n honour to you and Steven Kabod

Thomas P Thomas Jun 4, 2016
  • Farah Misquitta
    Jun 4, 2016

Thank you sis for the encouraging and reflective message you have shared. Indeed it has blessed me and truly its time to LET GO of the unnecessary baggage we tend to carry that hinders us from achieving the plans and purposes HE has in store for us. We truly need to recognize and believe in God’s freedom and liberty according to 2 Corinthians 3:17, in exercising release and blessing those who may have hurt us so we can live a life of victory. You continue to be a blessing as always. God bless.

Farah Misquitta Jun 4, 2016
  • Sanchit
    Jun 4, 2016

Those are some great messages in there Salma.Love your style of writing. Especially with all those analogies.

Sanchit Jun 4, 2016
  • Salma Bernard
    Jun 4, 2016

Thank you all for writing in. Am really encouraged and excited about continuing to share as I feel lead so we can live life to the fullest. .. God bless you all… Salma

Salma Bernard Jun 4, 2016
  • Helga Tellis
    Jun 4, 2016

Indeed it was heart to heart sharing. Going on a family trip and being confined to the room due to ill health, I had time to myself, a time richly spent in the presence of God. Even as mature Christians nothing else matters except to search our hearts whether we truly love Jesus or living a pretensious life in front of others. Unless we love God and keep His commandment we cannot love others as we’ve not experienced His love first. And oh how He loves us! Unless we know the extent of His forgiveness toward us and be grateful for His mercies, we cannot forgive others and LET GO!

Helga Tellis Jun 4, 2016
  • Mazhar

A Good Read

Mazhar Jun 4, 2016
  • Adi Sarma
    Jun 5, 2016

Hey Salma
    Nice blog
    Very insightful and despite being a simple tenet
    Extremely difficult to practice!
    A lot of discipline involved which is the core of character formation!

Adi Sarma Jun 5, 2016
  • Salma
    Jun 5, 2016

Thank you all for the feedback. For all those friends who have said difficult ofcourse it is but then so are many things in life in fact life itself … job , parenting , adjusting in a marriage and so on…. but we do it and experience the joy. . This is the ONE thing we will do even though difficult that will benefit US the most …..
    My prayers are will all ….

Salma Jun 5, 2016
  • Marcelino Coelho
    Jun 5, 2016

You’ve been blessed to spread His Word, and am glad you found that calling!

Just lost my mother a few weeks ago, and your words only make me strong!

Indeed, is hard to let go! The above only reinforces my faith in accepting the present, and not knowing what lies ahead!

Thanks Salma for bringing yourself forward in sharing my grief as much as reminding us to keep moving forward.

Touching. Keep writing and continue sharing!

Much regards / Marci

Marcelino Coelho Jun 5, 2016
  • Amit Saraogi
    Jun 6, 2016

A very apt message for the times we live in. Many times, unknowingly we harbour bitter thoughts, memories, experiences or incidents in our minds. This hinders our growth in God & doesn’t allow us to be the person God has called us to be.
    So God bless u Salma for reminding us to ‘Let Go’ & live in victory!!!

Amit Saraogi Jun 6, 2016
  • Anil
    Jun 6, 2016

I was so confused a few days back on what I should do, why are something happening or happened to me. On my was to office I prayed to God, please show me the way.

I read your blog and it was meant for me, like a personal talk with Our Father. He spoke to me though your blog.

May God Bless you abundantly.

Anil Jun 6, 2016
  • Tanya Tannen
    Jun 8, 2016

Salma, there is a time for everything and amen to that. I needed to read this today. My take away, one God has not given us a spirit of fear and two one shouldn’t be identified by the job they have. This spoke to me…

When the anointing is upon you, the flow of the spirit and output of the spirit is for His people and this is exactly what I see on you right now. God bless you for blessing me.

Tanya Tannen Jun 8, 2016
  • Charis
    Jun 8, 2016

Thanks for the sharing. Let go and let God! Sometimes it may seem too overwhelming to just let it go. But I know we simply just need to believe in God, in His perfect love. Understand that letting go is not a form of defeat but in fact is a victory! This song by Bethel Church – ‘You make me brave’ came to my mind as I am reading your blog. Yes, He will make me brave when I let go. I am so blessed by your blog. Please keep sharing. God bless you and your family.

Charis Jun 8, 2016
  • Nidhi Sharma
    Jun 9, 2016

Dear Salma

Just read your write up on Let GO. Very insightful and beautifully worded. If we read about the works of great people who have become icons for many of us , they all have always practised this let go theory and that is what has made them reverential personalities.
    Definitely It frees us of a lot of unnecessary burden and blessed one with a renewed vitality and vigour.
    Great going Salma.
    Nidhi 9 June 2016

Nidhi Sharma Jun 9, 2016
  • Salma Bernard
    Jun 9, 2016

Thank You friends …. gearing up for my next one. Will post once am sure it’s what’s needed and timely. Be blessed. And let go!

Salma Bernard Jun 9, 2016
  • Christopher
    Jun 15, 2016

Its true we really need to seek the truth, that can set us truly free. The BIG Question is do we know what those shackles of religiosity are ? So it is thus having eyes we cannot see, having ears we cannot hear.

Christopher Jun 15, 2016
  • Tami Sandoval
    Apr 6, 2017

Hello my name is Tami Sandoval and I just wanted to drop you a quick message here instead of calling you. I discovered your LET GO !!! | Salma Bernard website and noticed you could have a lot more hits. I have found that the key to running a successful website is making sure the visitors you are getting are interested in your subject matter. There is a company that you can get keyword targeted traffic from and they let you try the service for free for 7 days. I managed to get over 300 targeted visitors to day to my website. https://brevis.tk/S

Tami Sandoval Apr 6, 2017